WKT 2.22% 11.0¢ walkabout resources ltd

What is interesting is that they mention IMERYS graphite mine in...

1. 1,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3377
    What is interesting is that they mention IMERYS graphite mine in Namibia BUT they DONT MENTION that she has now been under care and maintenance since NOV 2ND 2018. (6 months ago)

Their quarterly reports well before were indicating problems with ramping up into production.

They couldnt keep up production during ramp up phase and with softening of the battery grade prices at the time Imerys decided to cease operations as costing them more to produce than they could sell it for.

The $50M USD Imerys Graphite Mine in Namibia was only trying to achieve 20K TPA and simply could not do it economically and this should be a WARNING to graphite investors.

These are the VERY REAL RISKS associated with HIGH CAPEX - LOW GRADE graphite projects that the other Graphite Players do not wish to ever talk about.

The Imerys mine in Canada is almost depleted and I am very well aware that Nouveau Monde Graphite (graphite player with a mine in Quebec Canada) has basically poached all their key staff.

02 Nov 2018
    https://www.indmin.com/Article/3842224/Imerys-closes-unprofitable-graphite-mine-in-Namibia.html

WKT is a much safer de-risked project with her LOW CAPEX - HIGH GRADES and PREMIUM $$$ Expandable Market Products that are worth well more than the lowest value battery grades.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
-0.003(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $75.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 11.0¢ $110K 1M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 523016 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 125166 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.