FMG 0.50% $16.20 fortescue ltd

twiggy decision - give me a break, page-38

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Soho,

I do agree with your comments. There has to be some rules otherwise it would become a free for all out there where most of the small investors would always be at the mercy of the greedy and the big end of town.

I am sure that ASIC is trying very hard, with their limited resources, to administer the rules, hence why IMO, they seem to always force the issue towards the biggest companies while the smaller once seems to fly under the radar more times than not.

Unfortunatley though they are trying to enforce rules from a Company Act that is written in a way that it is full of holes and that it seems to favour the Directors of companies.

If you care to remember what happened in the first place by way of a Court judgement against the Directors of the company about the asbestos case, which now it seem that it has been reversed under appeal, you'd know what I mean. Too many loopholes within the Act, and the smart ones know that full well and make use of it to their best advantage.

After all, who writes the rules in those books.? Lawyers of course. And if they were to make it water tight, we wouldn't have to make use of their services any longer, would we.!!

Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.20
Change
0.080(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $49.87B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.98 $16.34 $15.91 $139.5M 8.619M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 70232 $16.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.20 830 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.