FMG 0.50% $16.20 fortescue ltd

twiggy decision - give me a break, page-70

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "The reality is he said he had a deal when they didn't have a deal. People buy and sell on thse statments and at the time they would have done it big time."

Well, I read the announcement live on the day it was issued. I have yet to be convinced that it was anything but genuine.

I'm glad you mentioned Minara. Many journalists did too, over and over. So he was a failure there. Now lets have a look at say, Mark Raynor. He was Chairman of the NAB and on the board of Pasminco at the same time. The NAB lent money to Pasminco and then Pasminco went down the gurgler. I don't recall Mark Raynor getting anything other than a golden handshake.

Frank Cicutto was MD of the NAB when the Homeside disaster blew up $4 billion. He was rewarded with a nice bonus and then went on to be MD of RUN Corporation. Oops, that one went from more than a dollar a share to a few cents under his control.

In 2008, the then boss of NAB's Australian operations, sold $3.2m shares just ahead of an announcement that dropped the price by more than $4. The bank forgot about the disclosure rules that the Chairman of ASIC said, - only last Friday, - were; the bedrock of confidence in the integrity of our markets".

Andrew's problem seems to be that he actually made a success of his venture. If he had failed like the others, then nobody would have noticed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.20
Change
0.080(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $49.87B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.98 $16.34 $15.91 $139.5M 8.619M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 70232 $16.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.20 830 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.