AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

Interesting article, Footy - thanks for posting it.Reminds me...

1. 167 Posts.
    Interesting article, Footy - thanks for posting it.

Reminds me that we're playing amongst so many of the big boys that once we've got firmed-up quality assessments of what we're sitting on in terms of reserves, it's highly likely we'll become a takeover target at some point down the track. Dr. Hart's qualifications and expertise will add enormous credibility to the quality and reliability of our assessments.

And one of Mr Cottee's talents, which combines all his legal expertise with decades of involvement in corporate plays and negotiations, is his ability to devise and put in place takeover defences, not to act as an absolute block on a takeover, but simply to prevent a company like AKK from being picked up too cheaply. The idea is to give the offeror a few things to think about so that before launching a public takeover offer and key executives risking personal career-limiting embarrassment should it fail, the offeror might just want to sit down and hear your thoughts about fair value.

This scenario could be a year or two away before unfolding but you don't have to be Nostradamus to see it on the horizon as a distinct possibility in the not-too-distant future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.