Hi,Just a few basic questions please, from a fence sitter.Dont...

1. 37 Posts.
    Hi,

Just a few basic questions please, from a fence sitter.

Dont jump down my throat but anyone from either camp just answer simply.

A point from Tinitus(excuse spelling if incorrect) peak oil, is that the term to mean we are past the half way point of using our easily obtainable oil?(simplistically).

If yes; does that mean we are well under a century from pretty well using it all up?(having depleted it in a century so far)
    If yes does that mean we shouldnt be too concerned with GW because a major source of CO2 will stop then.(vehicle emmissions) (simplistically).

As a parent and hopefully grandparent oneday I am more concerned with the possibilty of a colder planet than a warmer one. People can survive and grow stuff in warmer than colder and use less resources doing it.

A point I dont understand is the high concern for a rise since 1850 of 0.4 to 0.8 (hopefully that keeps both sides happy) If it is, lets say minus 30 up at a glacier, isnt it still frozen at minus 29.2? why would it melt?

More than GW I am concerned with issues such as what are the implications of the Gulf Stream stopping circulating(which it has throughout history) and we then get ice coming down across much of Europe.

If we run out of fossil fuels to run cars in a century and coal will also eventually run short to create electricity,
    wont nature sequest? the high CO2 into oceans,plants, limestone etc etc. and thereby rebalance the atmosphere. So in a few hundred years all fixed!
    Yes probably very simplistic statements for the more scientific minds here, but if you cant respond genuinely, then please dont at all. thanks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.