TLS 0.82% $3.70 telstra group limited

txpayers up for 4.7bn plus ff blackhole

1. 1,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    In My Opinion;

If NBN is given to a competitor of telstra (eg Singtel) then taxpayers will be giving telstra's competitor (if you estimate 10 million taxpayers in Aus) about $470 on a per capita basis. Taxpayers may also want to consider a potential future fund blackhole. If the future fund holds 16% of tls scrip on issue to meet public service superannuation requirements then if some analysts prediction of the tls share price tanking $1.45 come true then almost a further 3 billion cost to taxpayes may eventuate (ie cost to taxpayer would now approx $7.7 bn). And tax payers(if you estimate 10 million of these)will need to fork out asnother $300 on a per capita basis to cover this new black hole. So to summarise for the taxpaying tls shareholder with 500 shares bought at T2 - You buy $3750 dollars of tls shares from the government that at $3.70 shareprice are worth $1,850 and they (the gov)then takes a further $470 of your money to give to a competitor to build a network to compete against your investment and they will potentially need a futher $300 of your money to pay the superannuation for public servants if some analysts estimates of a $1.45 tls shareprice reduction come true. On top of this the goverment is continuously condoning ACCC rulings against telstra price settings to third parties.

This is a very bad joke you canbera pollies!!!

In my opinion the government and ACCC should be giving earnings guidance for Telstra as they are the ones determing it. And if it is good for telstra why not cut the bank profits down as well. I believe the sector had around $24bn in after tax profits last year. And you Canberra wallies say telstra is gouging with NPAT around $3bn.

I have phoned my local member and senator Conroy to voice my complaints.

I have not disclosed a sentiment as I believe telstra's share price will be a direct product of federal labour party and senator Conroy's decisions.

Disclaimer: the above post is my own opinion and is purely for entertainment purposes. Do your own research or seek the advice of a licenced financial advisors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.70
Change
0.030(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $42.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.72 $3.66 $77.20M 20.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 199823 $3.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.71 829839 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.