I hadn't heard about the company or deal until a fellow investor...

1. 929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    I hadn't heard about the company or deal until a fellow investor pointed me in the direction of it.

For me it is worth an investment as there aren't too many direct (equity) crypto investment options for investors in Australia. Even DigitalX is focused more on services and access. I think there offering a bit unfocused.

Regardless of the quality of the project, for me a project like this worth investing in for two reasons - (a) every project is still so early that no one project in blockchain is ahead in any major way (except Ethereum), and (b) all the projects that are out there are still quite technical and don't really appeal to the masses yet (i.e. no one has Apple'd crypto yet with an easy to use product base).

A few comments re Tymlez itself (what I can see)...

1. Speaking of private blockchains there are a lot of companies focused on this area but even the public blockchain companies are focused on multi chains and atomic swaps (transactions between chains) that I think that there is plenty room for different blockchain options providing they can interact and integrate.

2. Having a major company like Grant Thornton as a partner helps give credibility so I think they are ahead of the curve already compared to other companies.

3. If they are able to get applications built quickly that would be a major step forward. At the moment, you have Lisk and Ark and other platforms for building apps, but (a) that platforms are really built yet (b) you need to be an expert in these technologies - which no-one really is yet, and (c) the use cases so far have been all really limited - wallets, transactions, payments but nothing else - if they can promote the building of valuable apps within organisations then they may have something really special. My view it is worth investing in for this reason alone because no-one else is at this stage either.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.