HVN 0.45% $4.47 harvey norman holdings limited

typical of what not to invest in

1. 17,117 Posts.
    A good article in the AFR about investing, steer clear of company directors who have an interest in expensive toys, appears in all PR as though it is a 'one man company', personal interests are used in the management style etc etc etc.

Then low and behold on sunday morning tv, is Gerry Harvey and his wife Clare, she suggested they build stores in Europe (1 location a 1/3rd of the size of TAS)
    he acted as if it was Her company, with her having everything to say, his only interests were his horses,
    she buying a house there or in Italy,
    again it was albout her, his wife's wishes for the company.

It appeared to me to be exactly what the article in the AFR was, steer clear of public companies that act as if it were there own personal company.

A company which appears to be run by one director who treats it as his very own instead of a public company.

Since its inception HVN has always appeared to me to be Gerry Harvey's own personal company, then all the stories about his love of racehorses ( spells expensive hobby).

So look at the share price past 5 years and it has been downhill all the way.
    For one I do not shop there, items too expensive.
    Better value elsewhere.
    any others with views on this company, or topic ???
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.47
Change
-0.020(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $5.569B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.41 $4.48 $4.41 $4.448M 1.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 34958 $4.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.47 21643 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.