An interesting thread. Research shows that road rage is becoming...

1. 628 Posts.
    An interesting thread. Research shows that road rage is becoming more prevalent and is linked to work stress. I agree that drugs can also play a significant role in this behaviour. Going back a few months ago, I was driving on a Sunday morning to a swim centre when a driver decided to move into my lane and was just about to crash into my car. So I beeped my horn to prevent the accident and he went absolutely crazy. He drove behind me tailgating, screaming abuse and flashing his lights. The number one rule with road rage is - stay in your car. As his behaviour was completely erratic I called the police and remained on the line with them (I have blue tooth). As we neared the next set of lights he continued his abusive behaviour which escalated to him slamming his car door into mine. To cut a long story short, he got charged with malicious damage and eventually my insurance company paid for the repair after a four month ordeal. Despite the inconvenience, I have organised to go through a restorative justice process with the offender and to possibly drop the charges, if he shows remorse. Waiting for the police commissioner to call so I can go sort this out.

Regards

Zeta

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.