CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

Currently CFU has 853.7 million shares = A$153.7 Million market...

1. 4,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1005
    Currently CFU has 853.7 million shares = A$153.7 Million market cap of which A$33 Million is cash.

Now proven that the technology works the following questions become very relevant when viewed from a U.S. context.

Typical U.S. house has an average size of around 2,000 - 2,500 square feet. Our AC systems services around 4,500 square feet of living space on two levels. Typical gas bill/gas heating in middle/peak of a cold winter used 262 therms of gas costing US$389.37 including added charges and sales tax.In summer time this takes a very substantial plunge to under $100 as main use then is hot water heater.

Electricity consumption which is very low in winter runs around 500 KWH (December low falls to around $90 month) with a peak of 1750 KWH in the summer peak with AC running flat out bill for month of last July hit US$231.08 (per KWH charge averages 8 cents).

The obvious point here is that electricity is much cheaper than gas by about $150 per month when comparing peak heat and peak colling months using elec and gas. Our heating and cooling charges tend to be on the low side as the house is very energy efficient with lots of new insulation and sitting on a lake with lots of trees reduces summer elec consumption for AC.

CFU technology relies on gas. Assuming that a U.S. consumer switches to a CFU unit at A$8,000 he ends up paying MORE for his energy consumption as he uses more gas than the cheaper electricity. He CANNOT turn off his electric supply as he needs the meter box to "put back" excess electricity generated. According to my calculations my house consumes about 13,000 KWH in a year so the "put back" is a meager 4,000 KWH. Assuming I get 4 cents KWH that comes to $160 per year or about the amount needed to pay the base charge on the box per year. Assuming that I use the CFU figures of A$0.11 cents / US$0.08.5 cents to produce 1 KWH of electricity from gas I loose about $160 per year on the electricity I "put back" into the system.

My example would be fairly typical of a U.S. household energy use cost so you end up paying about A$8,000 for new technology with NO savings to the consumer.

Even the comments about the savings on greenhouse gas emmissions is very disingenuous as credits would compare like with like. That would be a direct comparision between a CFU unit and a gas fired elec plant to value carbon credits and NOT a coal fired plant.

I understand that CFU is very busy trying to sell the technology in Germany and Europe because they have the most expensive energy rates and massive Government intervention programs. Recent studies in Spain that went on a renewables binge show that these programs do not work. Spain now pays about 15 cents per KWH which is almost double the U.S. rate. France is much smarter going nuclear. Here in Georgia we also have nuclear supplying electricity which explains our cheap elec rates.

Better load up on uranium shares. This CFU stuff does not make sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.