BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Thank you 202020 for the article.This is indeed very encouraging...

1. 830 Posts.
    Thank you 202020 for the article.
    This is indeed very encouraging and if I may quote from the article:
    Quote: During the 2008-2009 flu season one of the circulating influenza viruses, an H1N1 strain distantly related to the pandemic swine flu, developed resistance to Tamiflu. So far the pandemic swine flu is almost fully susceptible to Tamiflu but doctors say that could change at any time.

A similar drug is Relenza, known generically as zanamivir, made by GlaxoSmithKline Plc under license from Australia's Biota Inc, and is inhaled, although it can be formulated for intravenous use.

I have posted in earlier posts that the Relenza IV is significant for saving lives but IMHO may not be significant commercially due to the short patent life left in Relenza and it is only for “emergency use”. However it will help to bring awareness to Health physicians about the normal Relenza product which is the “bread & butter” income for BTA.

And "So far the pandemic swine flu is almost fully susceptible to Tamiflu but doctors say that could change at any time." points to a good future for Relenza & LANI.

The article also revealed this:
    Quote: BioCryst has said it was starting two late-stage trials testing the intravenous formulation of peramivir to treat hospitalized patients with serious influenza.
    In 2007, BioCryst was awarded a $102.6 million, four-year contract from HHS to develop peramivir for the treatment of influenza. Last month it got another $77.2 million from the department to complete late-stage development.

I have previously posted that after Peter Molloy had stepped down as CEO, Peter Cook had done ZILCH trials and licensing in ROW other than to claim credit for the DS success.

Peter Molloy also launched on 10 March 2005 the BTA/Aerogen development agreement to develop an aerosol formulation for LANI using the Aeroneb Go Nebuliser technology funded under a US$5.6 m NIH grant. (Refer to BTA ASX announcement on 10/03/05 for details).

Did Peter Cook took this development of LANI any further? If he did, where are the announcements of the results? There were extensive discussions in another thread on the missed opportunities for LANI in ROW in a thread started by moreld and where attempts were made to railroad the discussions with simplistic irrational clichés Quote: I am suprised Moreld brings this up in his post as he has been a follower of Biota for some time.
    Why should Biota spend money and time on the necesary trials now, to get LANI approved in the West, when the Japanese trials have already proven the safety and the fact that this drug works???

Read this thread for details:
    http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_threadview.asp?fid=1&tid=1005141&msgno=4570491#4570491

I have posted many times on GSK’s response to the swine flu compared to Roche. Biocryst performance in Peramir trials and getting NIH’s fundings should now be compared to Peter Cook’s performance of LANI trials in ROW.

What has Peter Cook done? What NIH funding has he secured for LANI? Are these not the CEO’s job? Instead the idiot think his job is to influence the BTA sp by talking it down, If I may use his apologist cliché “It is not the CEO’s job to influence the share price”.

Remember voting Yes for resolution 4 in the AGM is a vote to reward this idiot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.