PEN 0.00% 10.0¢ peninsula energy limited

u308 is the future

1. 2,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 481
    So what in peoples' opinions has done the greatest economic/environmental damage during atomic power's existence (and no, I'm not including nuclear warfare, but nuclear reactors)?

Is it the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, or the events surrounding Fukishima, Japan?

For good measure, let's throw in Chernobyl and Three Mile Island.

Is it any contest?

Is the oil industry dead?

Is it on its knees?

Is it dying?

Do we really need to answer those questions?

Now compare Peninsula to a stock like Bannerman.

Bannerman, re its Namibian project, has projected capex of $555 million and a cash cost of US$41 per pound.

Peninsula, re Lance, $60 million capex and US$30 cash cost.

Now consider those companies which are either years away from production or uneconomic with respect to weakening spot and/or long term uranium prices.

Or in other words, the vast majority of currently listed ASX uranium equities.

My research also indicates that the likes of BHP, RIO, Areva and even Cameco have no planned significant production increases until at least 2015.

And when the Megatons to Megawatts programme (which currently supplies 40% of global supply) is mothballed in 2013, the pressure on existing producers, of which PEN itself will count as one, intensifies - creating demand/supply imbalances; leading, by extrapolation, to higher U308 prices and real world sentiment shifts in demand for uranium equities.

Now there is also the small matter of China, India, Russia, South Korea et al adding to their burgeoning uranium inventories, while at the same time nations including South Africa begin a new rollout.

So even dumb toxic mutants like myself can see that nuclear energy is here to stay - and fundamentally prosper - one way or another.

In 2012, a new world order begins. In 2012, PEN will take its rightful place alongside ERA, BHP, Rio Tinto and Paladin. In 2012, the PEN nation will fundamentally prosper.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $318.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $944.1K 9.367M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
66 5981759 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 4958257 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.