PDN 0.07% $13.99 paladin energy ltd

u308 up 2.56 to5% while pdn shares have lagged, page-4

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Oh I agree with you totally, FL.

I have pointed out on many occasions the fact that multiple analysts can look at the exact same set of figures and data from a company, and come up with forecasts and "valuations" that are diametrically opposed by a long way. Yet they all look at the same data...!

To me, this negates the value of ANY of the so-called anal-ists...! ;) One may actually have it correct - occasionally - but that assessment is rendered null and void by the fact that all the others differe widely.

No - my point is not so much that I take any notice of analysts - I don't (in either direction, up or down), but that the market seems to pay them some heed. And they make forecasts and projections (read: guesses), and then when the quarterly or annual report comes out and it doesn't meet those guesses (er, sorry, forecasts) then the SP takes a hit. Or if the results exceed expectations, the SP jumps.

It is all just so much nonsense. Why bother with ANY forecasts or projections? Isn't that basically second-guessing the market? And well know where that will get you... Better just to let the quarterlies and annuals tell it all as it happens.

Me? I hold PDN for the very long term (already have) and have no intention of being influenced either by analysts, or short-term tree-shaking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.