APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

UBS Sell and $17 target!, page-249

1. 212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Thanks a lot for your detailed analysis SF2TH, any genuine effort on analysis among too much noise is much appreciated.

My few cents:

Brokers has used the following for their calculations: (taking example of BellPotter):
    Net margin: 2.1% . , let's take it 2.0% for simplicity and conservatively.
    Average Annual Customer Spend: $1580 : let's take it as $1500 for the same above reason.

Their estimate of Annual Transaction Value is 30 Billion by FY2022:

Assuming that they're on a clear track to achieve this target (current growth projection), the number of users they need is
    30 Billion divided by 1500 = 20 million users. (which they'll probably exceed as per current growth projection)

Net profit: 2% of 30 billion: 600 million

Not to forget, the company will rather be in a better growth phase due to further network effect and at breaking out if it achieves the above.

Calculating as per P/E that market would be ready to pay for this breaking out, proven results, scalable company:
    P/E of 10: 6 Billion
    20: 12 Billion
    30: 18 Billion
    40: 24 Billion
    50: 30 Billion
    60: 36 Billion

Looking at the current P/E of other growth companies that market has decided to pay, what would you take for APT?
    WTC: 169
    APX: 55 . (this is after a steep 30% fall from ATH)
    ALU: 83
    PME: 167
    CSL: 59
    JIN: 64

All of my above calculations and assumptions are based on APT's current growth trajectory without considerations of adding more verticals, new products, new markets, new products out of huge Visa deal etc etc.

Yes, there are few risks too absolutely. But the risk/rewards ratio is quite clear according to me.

Happy to have a feedback on my above assessment.

I have tried my best to keep it as simple as I could.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.