APX 3.03% 48.0¢ appen limited

What I am hearing is a boom in equities as newcomers and a...

1. 1,258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179

What I am hearing is a boom in equities as newcomers and a desperation to find growth, encouraged by money printing galore, sets short term trends What happens when US ,Australian, global business, job keeper and unemployed type stimulus ends around September? How many zombie companies will emerge from this low interest money printing? Will GDP growth be able manage incredible debt levels longer term? How will the financial sector cope with low or negative rates, defaults etc? The current virus issue in the US could once again lead to overcrowded hospitals and deaths which will suppress consumer confidence. The longer the US crisis lasts the more bankruptcies and deeper unemployment will be seen there and global growth also gets affected with travel controls. I also agree that the cold war with China is a massive threat. Many of our companies and our services sector r dependent on their growth in China and with accelerating toxic relations this is a red hot high risk.The upcoming US election is also a risk . I think only a vaccine can start offering us any measure of certainty. Prior to this its all about virus containment so the world can start growing again.I keep assessing the exposure of all my stock and have reduced some holdings where I expect to see lower earnings in August. APX type quality stock that have shown resilience I will add to in a big drop and not sell. However this is a personal choice we all need to make according to our risk assessments, needs and goals re extent of cash held etc. The only big threat I personally see to Appen is a few years away, self learning computers and the rise of quantum computing to accelerate that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
-0.015(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $106.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.0¢ 47.0¢ $676.8K 1.408M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 42063 47.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 35424 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.