APX 0.00% 62.0¢ appen limited

I've owned Appen since it was around $2, been a decent ride up,...

1. 101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    I've owned Appen since it was around $2, been a decent ride up, and the business has come a long way since. I've also been an Appen contractor at various times, and the experience as a contractor has improved markedly over the last few years ie better customer service, better user interface, more interesting and multi-dimensional tasks, ie not just rating search results and recording speech anymore - they're starting to do a lot of work with geotagging data and identifying images, etc.

I'm still on alerts for new jobs that they want me to do, and they've even started sending personalised text messages to recruit people for urgent tasks and/or hard to fill demographics, (I got a text from them today) possibly suggesting their work flow is strong...my guess, from the look of a lot of the tasks they ask us to do and the waivers they get contractors to sign, is that Microsoft and FB are still far and away their largest clients, probably followed by Google for the location work.

No doubt the business has run hard over the last few months, they're right in the midst of this tech boom, and AI is a very sexy acronym atm.

I think like some have said, integration of Figure 8 and growth in China will be the key at results update.

Definitely wouldn't be surprised to see the share price move 20% north or south on results....but it's still going to be a LT hold for mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
62.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $136.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
61.5¢ 63.5¢ 60.0¢ $1.121M 1.818M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 134313 61.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.0¢ 3051 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.04pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
62.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.99 %)
Open High Low Volume
62.0¢ 63.5¢ 60.0¢ 389677
Last updated 13.17pm 01/05/2024 ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.