CTP 4.17% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

ucg and gtl scoping study, page-19

1. 1,396 Posts.
    Dex,
    Thanks for the homework.
    Re your post #4135909.

You certainly know your UCG. Good post.

CTP is investigating the possibility of using UCG in it's GTL quest but it's not necessarily going to be the road that the company takes. Yes JH likes it & mentions it often in announcements but there are alternatives in mind for GTL if UCG technology licensing or JV's don't eventuate for the coal resources.

Here are some snippets from CTP announcement in Feb 2009 titled "TRILLION TONNE POTENTIAL FOR COAL TECHNOLOGY. OPTIONS IN SA-NT BORDER AREA."

Extracts.

"The findings will now be used by Perth-based Central Petroleum Limited to explore further the potential for various technology applications such as UCG, GTL and CTL."

"The report’s authors were asked to determine the tonnage potential for Permian coal in the Basin that could possibly be amenable to underground coal gasification (UCG) and/or coal bed methane (CBM) gas extraction as a possible feedstock for gas to liquids (GTL) processes."

"Central Petroleum has other joint ventures over the acreage but is pursuing in its own right, outside the current Joint Venture, the potential for UCG and GTL options in the Pedirka Basin."

From the CTP April 2009 Quaterly.

"GAS TO LIQUIDS (“GTL”) and Helium
    Discussions continue with appropriate GTL technology holders concerning the Group’s long term plans to monetise any gas reserves proved by drilling. With the recent intensity of activity in the CSG industry, especially the various plans mooted to produce LNG from Queensland CSG resources having a positive effect on domestic gas prices, it is conceivable that domestic gas prices may improve in the future to the extent that a pipeline linking central Australia to the domestic gas markets on the eastern seaboard may be a viable option to assist in monetising otherwise stranded gas thought to exist in the central Australian Amadeus, Pedirka, Lander Trough and Georgina basins. The Group believes that GTL is probably the best option to monetise gas from central Australia under the current gas pricing regime but will keep an open mind to alternatives."

"The Group continues with various discussions and preliminary negotiations concerning additional farm-outs, strategic stabilising investment relationships, technology based joint ventures and capital raising avenues."

As far as I'm concerned there is a lot of speculation going around & there probably will be for some time yet(it must be a speccie thing:)Most of us are aware that JH has a very open mind & states this often. Anyway I hold the company for all of the different potential resources, I'm not just gambling on whether or not we go CSG or UCG or whatever on the coal & no I have no idea what the SP will finish at tomorrow:)

Cheers
    Tas2

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.7¢ $44.05K 911.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 164625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.