''I can point you to a few people who have had what I'd term...

1. 23,678 Posts.
    ''I can point you to a few people who have had what I'd term real spiritual breakthroughs, but it won't be enough''

I've head it all before. I've known a number of people who say they have had breakthroughs, personal relationships with God, prays answered, blessings received, but of course if things were really that simple there would be no argument or debate.

''The proof is in doing the work oneself. eg. meditate every minute of the day for a month, or as close to that as you can. See what happens. If nothing happens, then report back to us that it's all BS. That's the only evidence anyone will ever have. Words are useless.''

Why would you assume I haven't practiced meditation? Or that I am not aware of the fantastic things the mind is able to generate? The brain is capable of generating an internal experience of the world and self in conscious form, so dreams, visions, out of body experiences , etc, are no more difficult.

The point is careful inquiry and healthy scepticism and not jumping to conclusions because it feels meaningful.

But if someone is satisfied with faith and belief based on subjective experience, that's their own business

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.