If you want an explanation of who or what god isA good place to...

1. RM
    7,410 Posts.
    If you want an explanation of who or what god is

A good place to start of explaining God is knowing God's personal name and that is I AM and its literal derivative meaning is, to be. God declared his own personal name to Moses as he went up and encountered God in the burning bush. In the Hebrew the personal name of God is what is referred to as the tetragrammaton (YHWH) and in the Greek scriptures it is the ego eimi.

Exodus 3
    13 Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “1aI AM WHO 1I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘1I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

It is not surprising that God Chartwizard is not too far away and man can encounter the creator.

Jeremiah 23
    23“Am I only a God nearby,” declares the LORD, “and not a God far away?
    24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? said the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? said the LORD.

God's word spoke creation into being, the Word of God is Jesus.

John 1
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

All creation is held by Jesus sustained by Him every photon every molecule

Colossians 1
    6 For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…

Jesus also declared himself as the I AM, He used the personal name of God.

John 8
    …57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?” 58“Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden and went out of the temple area.…

Abraham existed around 1800 BC so nearly 2 millennium before Jesus. It was not a crime in second temple Judaism to claim to have pre-existed as they were expecting the return of their prophets but claiming to be God or have equality with God was a crime punishable by death. Jesus in doing so the Jewish religious hierarchy the Pharisees knew exactly what Jesus was claiming and wanted him killed for blasphemy.

We do not have Jesus now roaming the earth but He promised to send someone to earth one who will take up residency in the followers of Christ.

John 14
    Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.…

and He is everywhere

Psalm 139
    7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?Or where shall I flee from your presence? 8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! 9 If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 even there your hand shall lead me,and your right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,and the light about me be night,” 12 even the darkness is not dark to you;the night is bright as the day,for darkness is as light with you.

Enjoy this short sojourn through some scriptures the whole Bible awaits you as short as this sojourn was so is our short walk through time on this planet then into eternity.

I will leave you with a benediction found in the Bible of our thrice Holy God of the New and Old testament( Isaiah 6:3,Revelation 4:8).
    A prayer of fellowship with our thrice Holy Triune God.

2 Corinthians 13
    Final Greetings and Blessing…

13 All the saints send you greetings. 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.

included below is some good online resources for the seeker these sites also have corresponding apps.The ESV app has a free audible bible.

Romans 10
    The Word Brings Salvation…
    16 But not all of them welcomed the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17Consequently, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. 18But I ask, did they not hear? Indeed they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”…

https://biblehub.com/

https://www.gotquestions.org/

https://www.esv.org/

https://www.blueletterbible.org/

Last edited by RM: Tuesday, 23:32

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.