After death in the here and now, before Jesus returns, your...

1. 25,292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    After death in the here and now, before Jesus returns, your suggest before he comes -> ongoing conscious existence -- ***** -- after death"

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

This has nothing to do with before he returns and neither does your other quote.

"but we are of good courage and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord."

This is in the context as in, to not be living in the flesh, the ways of the flesh.
    Spiritually, the Bible says, you are to be seated in the heavenly places with Jesus, NOW.
    Raised with Jesus etc, spiritually now.

John 17:24 - Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Where was he in that moment in time when he spoke and wanting them to be there also -> John 17:16 - They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Hence they are deemed as of above, of God, of heaven.

Now Jesus is speaking to non believers following.
    John 8:23 - And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
    ------------
    But never the less mate, if you do happen to have verses that show before Jesus comes -> ongoing conscious existence -- ***** -- after death"

You will get my attention and I'll be interested in them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.