ufos...again!, page-2833

1. 6,699 Posts.
    I don't understanding what you are trying to say at all with this post.

I have no idea what you think you are knocking out of the ball park, but I will try to respond. The story of the Tower of Babel is very interesting, clearly God did not 'go down there' or enter His own Creation, nor did He deliberately confuse their language. The world was already populated by many differing peoples who all had their own languages.

I guess we could unwind this story and come to the conclusion that if the world had a common second language along with one's mother tongue, a second language that we all are required to learn and that we all spoke then most of the worlds problems would disappear. This is the inference of the Babel story.

It also suggests that we are one family that radiated out all over the world and that we came from a small tribe, familial gathering that had a common tongue and over time we developed into differing cultures, language groups, skin colours, etc. In that regard the Tower of Babel is very insightful.

As for the 'basis of Jesus' comment, few Christians can see any religious truth outside and beyond their own Christian backyard. I guess I was fortunate to have been a fence-sitting atheist who had a vague interest in religion to then having become a believer in a God, not necessarily the one described by religion. Having read their scriptures and studied the writing of most religions has broadened my understanding of religion so that i see Jesus as one of many Teachers, not the only Teacher. Nor is Jesus the final fulfilment of religion. He is a stepping stone like all the other Teachers.

As for divinity of Jesus, this is not in question and has nothing to do with virgin birth or other. Jesus was not made special by a virgin birth, He was the Messiah because of His spiritual power and His Teachings which were the spiritual medicine of His age. Adam had neither father or mother, does that make him twice the person Jesus was?

Jesus was the Son of God as a means of declaring their close association. I'm not suggesting the Bible writers told lies, certainly the religions that grew out of the Bible have told and propagated endless lies and the followers imagine themselves into all sorts of tight places.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.