I've always thought it strange that we humans are so much more...

1. 2,064 Posts.
    I've always thought it strange that we humans are so much more advanced than our nearest primate cousins. We had so many "lucky mutations": bigger brain and associated blood flow, ability to communicate by complex speech, dexterous hands, etc. Our poor primate cousins missed out badly ... too badly for it to be random evolution.

I don't accept the Genesis story that God breathed life into a handful of dust to create Adam, but what would make sense is an extraterrestrial (God) creating the first life form and then allowing it to evolve and selectively breeding it to produce us.

Additionally, it's just too convenient for early life to have spontaneously split into two entirely different evolutionary paths, plants and animals, and an elaborate intelligently designed self-sustaining ecosystem makes much more sense. The Miller–Urey experiment demonstrated how the basic biomolecules could form abiogenetically but that seems to be as far as it goes.

So, if we were created by extraterrestrials, the question is why? What purpose are we serving? I can't help feeling that we are the equivalent of John B Calhoun's 'Universe 25' mouse "utopia" experiment, but on a much more elaborate scale.

Why is it that (according to The Bible) a righteous person who spends his life doing good for others but doesn't believe in God goes to Hell, but a bad person who lives a life of crime but in his dying breath repents and acknowledges God gets into Heaven? My feeling is that perhaps we are part of a leadership battle, and that's why our creators are staying in the background and allowing us to evolve and do our thing, while steering us away from nuclear self-annihilation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.