@Sandash I have just returned from my weekly immersion in...

1. 18,388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    @Sandash I have just returned from my weekly immersion in 'Philosophy' and we do discuss matters of this kind. Our 'leader' is a religious man, and all discussion inevitably ends up in: 'there must be a creator' -
    I cannot be convinced, but just the same I believe religion is something which all humans have now and have had in the past - and I can see the good (and also bad) things religion has done, but from the moment I get up in the morning, until I go to sleep, many of my decision of how to deal with my family, my neighbours, the casual people I meet during the day is determined by the ethical upbringing I received at school, which in turn is influenced by religion, philosophy - the Sermon on the Mount, even.
    Which does not mean that I go through life 'holier than thou' - I do not, and also realise the many failings I and my fellow humans have, but they need to be taken with a sense of humour and not with the fear of punishment in some imaginary Hell, Niflhelm/hel, Hades, Purgatory - you name it.

I tend to agree that our understanding of where we came from, whence we go, will never be solved, but do accept the explanation of Darwin and other scientists.
    Yet there is still so much to know - and maybe the 'black hole' everyone keeps talking about, and it exists - is our end destination.
    I do not care - in truth - what happens to me after death, but want to have as good, healthy, happy and uncomplicated a time while I am here - if I have offended some people, I always apologise - but there is the thing:
    that one is burdened with some guilt by others of which one is unaware -
    and that I cannot defend, nor apologise for - for this one needs a G.d -
    I hope he looks kindly on me.
    Go well and Good Luck with your Search.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.