@whereu : I think you misunderstood my first paragraph. The...

1. 2,064 Posts.
    @whereu : I think you misunderstood my first paragraph. The keyword was 'If".
    What I meant was that IF everything was clear-cut, then there would be no need for faith and endless discussion about God or no God, and creation or abiogenesis.
    We'd be living in an autocracy with God as the undisputed supreme ruler and we'd all know the consequences of disobeying him, just as pet animals tend to know the consequences of disobeying their strict masters.
    Sodom and Gomorrah were reportedly destroyed because the townsfolk wanted to anally pack-rape two angels.
    Bit tough on the innocent newborns, but many people currently condone the murder of even more innocent unborns ... such is life.

Benevolent autocratic leaders have ruled in the past, eg Lee Kuan Yew, and the consensus seems to be quite positive about them.
    In Singapore, druggies were executed and vandals were caned and the majority approved of the harsh punishments, so being ruled by a benevolent autocratic leader is quite acceptable for law-abiding citizens, not so for anarchists.
    Most Chinese seem to support their autocratic ruler, although I don't have any accurate data on that.

I have a simple feeling that these ETs are God's people, ie angels and maybe demons from the motherverse.
    In John 8:23, Jesus admitted that he was extraterrestrial. His body was terrestrial, but his soul/spirit/operating system/whatever was extraterrestrial.
    Lucifer was God's "right-hand man" and no doubt there would have been a strong bond between them. Perhaps when God booted Lucifer, and his supporters, out of Heaven, he made a pact with him. Neither of them is to give indisputable evidence of their existence, or our creation, and we humans have to choose between God and Lucifer to decide who is most suited to rule Heaven (the motherverse). Our physical bodies die of course, but "we" ie. our souls, can live on and perhaps be reincarnated and so on.

I suspect that we're part of an elaborate experiment or something. We use lower life forms for experiments to test our psychological theories etc, so why couldn't a higher life form use us for something similar? We're probably like John Bumpass Calhoun's laboratory mice.
    God created us and our elaborate ecosystem for a purpose, and when his experiment has run it's course and we've served our purpose, the rapture and Armageddon will occur, and that will be the end.
    That's more or less how I interpret the Biblical narrative and I think it fits with the observed behaviour of the ETs.

@float^ : I suspect the ETs are coy about revealing themselves probably because they're under instructions to stay in the background so as not to unfairly influence our choices, but just monitor our development and ensure we don't annihilate ourselves prematurely. God will decide when to terminate this project, not us.

@wafflehead : I agree with much of what you say, but I cannot agree with your views of Satan and evil. The recent Robb Elementary School massacre in Uvalde, Texas was much more than just an "absence of goodness". Unfortunately Salvador Ramos was killed so we'll probably never know what motivated him. However, cases of demonic possession have been documented so that's a distinct possibility. https://www.oddee.com/item_98653.aspx
    With the growing realization that ETs have been with us probably from the beginning, it becomes even more likely.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.