ufos...again!, page-442

1. 6,566 Posts.
    I think if a religious person accepts the general concept of G.d as suggested it becomes pretty obvious that a counter force, a relative force of evil in conflict with G.d, Satan, just does not exist.

If Satan exists then G.d created evil. All the obfuscation, denial and convoluted explanations by the religious can not escape this fact. In whatever realm this G.d exists, so too did evil in the form of Satan. I don't see how anybody can accept that their god dwelt with evil. Surely G.d is absolutely sanctified from all evil. And besides, who in the presence of G.d would then deny G.d, or challenge G.d? Did some weakness in His makeup enable Satan to challenge G.d? These are stories with symbolic meanings.

Satan is a metaphor for the duality of human nature. Evil does not exist beyond the grave. The evil humans do is because of the absence of goodness, mental illness, lack of a nurturing environment while developing to maturity.

As for cases of demonic possession being documented, well, maybe by religious people who are groomed to believe such possibilities. Religious experience and demonic possession is a religious experience, it is influenced by religious beliefs itself.

I do not believe there is any scientific evidence recorded, accepted, documented, nor has anybody been photographed floating, etc. It's all apocryphal. The more fundamental a religion the more they tend to believe in this stuff.

I read all those stories and really enjoyed them, but I don't believe for one second that they are in any way demonic possession. Otherwise we must accept that G.d created evil spirits and I don't see how anybody can accuse G.d of such acts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.