"Scared they will be baked into bread rolls and fermented into...

1. 5,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    "Scared they will be baked into bread rolls and fermented into wine."

What is sad is that they are here full of LOVE and with an irresistible desire to save us from the sin caused by a primordial hominid's apatite for apples that were once growing in a luxurious intergalactic garden

On the issue of LOVE.

"I cannot feel your pain. I cannot feel your headache, and I cannot feel your heartache. All I can feel is my own pain in response to yours.
    Likewise, I cannot feel your joy. For Stirner, this does not make love impossible. Rather, “one loves the feeling of being in love, and
    the other’s admirable qualities spark loving feelings and enjoyment (32). There can even be joy in giving, but ultimately it is my joy that I
    feel. “One’s actions are driven by the desire to receive something in exchange, even if it is simply the warm feeling of doing something nice
    for the beloved. … One gives as a means to an end."

This was, of course, ordinary love. Divine love is something totally different.

“Divine love is without condition, without boundary, without change. The flux of the human heart is gone forever at the transfixing touch of pure love.”

When you experience the true meaning of religion, which is to know God, you will realize that He is your Self, and that He exists equally and impartially in all beings. Then you will be able to love others as your own Self.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4021/4021923-3466ec3c5a08f145cd6a543f974a47b2.jpg

An auto de fe in Lisbon, the true meaning of religion for some poor souls.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.