I don't think I could watch any more holocaust movies but I...

1. 15,975 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    I don't think I could watch any more holocaust movies but I don't mind the younger generations being encouraged to see them, as they are so far removed from the events there is a risk they will become immune to the horror of it all.

"Jonathan Glazer’s harrowing Holocaust drama The Zone of Interest leads the nominations with five nods, including Best Film and Best Director. The film won both the Cannes Grand Prix and the FIPRESCI Prize, and has been selected as the UK’s official entry for the 2024 Oscars in the Best International Feature category.
    Loosely based on Martin Amis’ 2014 novel, The Zone of Interest is Glazer’s first feature in 10 years, following 2013’s Under The Skin. It follows Auschwitz camp commandant Rudolf Höss (Christian Friedel) and his wife Hedwig (Sandra Hüller), who both build a dream life for their family in their home situated on the other side of the concentration camp wall.We observe the everyday domesticity of the family: friendly visits, servants keeping the house spotless, Hedwig tending to her Edenic “paradise garden” and appreciating the living space she has built next to a dying one. It is a profoundly disturbing and audacious portrait of what Hannah Arendt referred to as the “banality of evil”.The film also nabbed nominations for Best Actress and Best Actor for Hüller and Friedel.

https://www.euronews.com/culture/2023/12/07/european-film-awards-2023-who-will-win-this-years-best-film

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.