Looking forward to seeing this at some time:"Green Border is an...

1. 15,975 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    Looking forward to seeing this at some time:

"Green Border is an emotionally devastating indictment of a continuing EU crisis and one of Agnieszka Holland’s best films. The title refers to the forests that make up the no-man’s land between Belarus and Poland. There, refugees from the Middle East and Africa desperately try to reach the European Union and find themselves trapped in an absurd to-and-fro overseen by both the Belarusian and Polish governments. Refugees are lured to the border, with the promise of safe passage to the EU. The reality is that they are political pawns in a rigged game orchestrated by Belarusian dictator Alexander Lukashenko; they are brutally evicted between the two sides, neither of which claims any responsibility and continues to condemn them to a horrifically finite in-limbo. Alongside The Zone of Interest, Green Border is one of the most gripping films you’ll see next year. By telling a human story that doesn’t devolve into hectoring that could fuel audience fatigue when it comes to migrant narratives on screen, Holland has delivered a compassionate and incisive cri-du-coeur that gives a voice to the voiceless. Rare are films that manage to deftly blend righteous anger and intelligent filmmaking like this one. Read our full review."

euronews.culture

Apart from that, for xmas I was given a subscription to Britbox, not something I would have bought myself
    What did I watch first? The first couple of episodes of Yes Minister

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.