UK/European film & TV, page-1141

1. 16,767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    Yes I would like to see some more light hearted stuff too.
    But I'm having to go back a fair way to find things that are both light-hearted & funny as well as being quality
    I'm thinking top of my head here About a Boy, plus the other movies of that era that don't occur to me just now.
    As for series, same criteria I might have to go back to Seinfeld but after a couple of glasses of wine not much is occurring to me anyway.
    I'm sure there are plenty, just am momentarily stuck.
    But I think the real point is we are just too much bombarded by violence, including in sex and sci-fi. Some of those genres contain good productions but predominantly they are crap in an unadulterated form
    Not entertainment and dare I say it, not good for people as a regular diet. Especially the young and the very young.

ps and apropos of nothing, a couple of shows on ABCiView that are really worth seeing
    One oldie, Renovation Australia- I've watched a few of these and I have to say the ABC does these well. (I dont mind the odd doco, whether it be historical or touristy).The last one I watched yesterday was a little settlers hut in the Flinders Ranges SA, the remains of which were built around 1850. What a great job they did on that.
    I've watched a few now and the advantage of having about 6 past series is you can pick the eyes out of what you want to see.

And the other one I didn't actually watch but put it on for my better half while I retreated to the computer.
    It was a new 3 part series by that venerable foodie Maggie Beer, who has taken on the Aged Care sector in terms of what they feed to their prisoners. And it has been reported back to me by the reliable source who did watch it that the management and staff of the Age Care place she tried to bring up to speed on nutritious meals did not like her work one bit. The chef wasn't familiar with the food his customers liked and didn't know how to cook it anyway, not that it mattered because he fed them packet meals anyway. He must know how to switch on a big microwave.
    Im going to allow more episodes and I'll watch this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.