UK/European film & TV, page-1155

1. 16,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Speaking of Anthony Hopkins, he also has a part in a remake of the 1949 version of All the King's Men, which stars Sean Penn as Governor Willy Stark of Louisiana during the Depression. They had to use a fake name, his real name was Huey Long and he was finally assassinated in 1937.
    I wasn't going to watch it because I usually find remakes disappointing but this was OK except I couldn't understand much of the dialogue, being as it was mostly in a deep southern drawl. It would have been better if there were subtitles but strangely for a modern movie there were none, so I gave it up after a while which was a pity.
    It's a great story. (But not as good as the 1949 original with Broderick Crawford, which I think is probably on a par with Casablanca and some other great movies)

I've just been watching a recent Almodovar film, Julieta, which was quite good. For once the sex scenes didn't take up 50% of the running time and it was actually a story worth telling.

Also something I started looking at is the series Archie, the life story of Cary Grant. The first episode was good & interesting.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.