A couple of oldies worth seeing.All the King's MenFrom 1949 &...

1. 15,947 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    A couple of oldies worth seeing.

All the King's Men

From 1949 & the Hollywood film noir period, it stars Broderick Crawford. It was probably one of his best roles and he got an Oscar for it. It's supposed to be loosely based on the career of corrupt Louisiana senator Huey Long, though I don't know that he ever sued. He might have been dead or who wants the public to think this is about you anyway.
    I got up this morning and this movie got into my head and I went searching through old boxes etc. Eventually found it where it should have been on a shelf with other great movies. Now I can watch it again.

Clochemerle

From 1972 this is an amusing little series about a 1925 French village.
    The plot revolves around a newly built commemorative urinal put up in the village square outside the wine bar and the small war that erupts about it.
    There were I think 3 books written about the fictional village by **riel Chevallier and very entertaining they were. Still got them somewhere.
    Also the script of the series was written I think by Tony Hancock's scriptwriters, Ray Galton & Alan Simpson and they bring the same humour to this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.