@alonso yes, they become like old friends, that is: If they...

1. 18,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @alonso yes, they become like old friends, that is: If they stand up to a second viewing, it means they were good in the first place.
    I have not watched too many repeats- but will watch 'The Two Popes' again - mainly for the amazing acting of the two main characters.
    . .. and I used to be a Catholic! . . . and got taken in by the Dan Brown books about 'The Da Vinci Code' - I even, once when I was on a walk by myself in Inner London thought I recognised the Church alluded to, went in, found the floor mosaic - and it ended in - not a mystery - just ended in a kind of circle in front of an altar - meaningless. But that's the art of writing, referring to reality wherever possible and spinning possibilities round it.
    I did watch the French 'Marseille' numerous times - in French and with French subtitles - learnt a lot - amazing acting, wonderful speaking ability by Gerard Depardieux, he is well-cast in the role of Mayor of Marseille - 'milieu' of Southern France (many Algerian, Moroccoan migrants) beautifully depicted, without prejudice and the 'soccer' obsession of Europeans (equals Aussie national sport of Aussie Rules) - a bit of ridiculous sex in the beginning, but settles down later on - one true and hearbreaking love story, well more than one if you include Lesbian 'Ruby' who is wonderfully depicted by a mixed race girl.
    I feel I have visited Marseille now!

When I feel 'Irish' , I might watch your suggestion - am a bit over all 'the troubles' etc. - have Irish friend, who never shuts up . . . but is nice, though!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.