Silent Road is a good drama series, but it's all Greek to...

1. 16,002 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    Silent Road is a good drama series, but it's all Greek to me.

Pembrokeshire Murders - now this is something else.
    Not a long series but an absorbing reinvestigation of a series of killings and sex crimes

But back to the Golden Years of Hollywood for something of it's best- Laura.
    Made in 1944 (how did they escape the draft) by 20th Century Fox, it's a classy piece of drama produced & directed by Otto Preminger (how did he escape the Nazis), who also made the very good The Man with a Golden Arm with Frank Sinatra, which was a taboo movie because of the drug addiction theme.
    Nothing taboo about Laura though, played by the scrumptious Gene Tierney, with Clifton Webb as a bad-mouthing writer and Dana Andrews as a detective. A fairly young Vincent Price had a good part too.
    The score is mostly lush variations on the theme song, which became a standard for singers and musicians.
    It's worth seeing also for the fashions of the time. Ridiculously high waisted pants on the men and extravagant designs for the women. A history lesson.
    My dvd package came with all sorts of extras which I haven't got around to looking at yet even though I've watched the main feature twice.
    Not just good for 80 years ago but for all time

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.