I suppose they could be found on the odd streaming service, but...

1. 16,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    I suppose they could be found on the odd streaming service, but I really do think SBS might think about adding a few Dirk Bogarde movies to its collection.
    Together with the directors he worked with - Visconti, Joseph Losey, John Schlesinger etc - he made some of the best movies of the 20th century....after he got away from the studio schmaltz he made his name with.
    The Servant comes to mind, as well as Darling, Death in Venice, The Damned (that's about the only one I still have...you lend things to people and they're gone).
    His career divides into two periods - the first when he was on contract with Rank and made all the fluff like Doctor in the House, the second when he quit all that and made truly memorable films.
    Also in that later period he became a successful writer, beginning with about 7 books of autobiography which give a wonderful insight into the film business as well as being entertaining. I read all of those as well as one or two of his fictions. Very rewarding reads.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.