UK/European film & TV, page-61

1. 16,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    The Ravages of Time.
    Not a movie title, a comment on aging.
    One of my favourite and probably very annoying things to do when watching anything is what I call "spot the actor".
    It can just be pointing out in a running commentary what other movies the actors have been in. But best of all is when you identify an aging actor and immediately call out "Do you know who that is". A bit like Snap really and guaranteed to piss everybody off.

So the other night we were watching a Jonathan Creek episode and there was this fairly old looking woman and I couldn't believe who it was when I tumbled.
    There was a sitcom in the 70s called Man about the House and one of the stars was a girl called Paula Wilcox, with whom I was infatuated and as close to being in love as I ever get. Well that's who this old woman was and I couldn't believe it. The Ravages of Time.

But my best ever achievement in this game of spot the actor, which I defy anybody to better, was from the movie Hobsons Choice (circa 1954) where I picked out a very young girl to be Prunella Scales (better known as the future Mrs Basil Fawlty).
    "Do you know who that is?"

"For Christ's sake shut up"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.