UK general election 2024 results live: Exit poll points to Labour victory, page-134

1. 86,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    '' While RW spruikers are lauding the seeming RW move in France,
    IMO the French working class simply wanted a change of Government
    per se rather a conscious "step to the Right"

yes - but, they want to step - that we agree on

the point is - where can they step to?

and that's the point - the middle isn't working for them. So, they've ditched the middle
    Macron is right a bit - but, reasonably close to the middle. The traditional right - just a bit right - I'd call it conservative - I'd call both of them conservative

so where to step? - it's got to be left or far right ----------- so France - many - about a third - have gone far right - the rest hover around left with a small amount in the middle

the poms - the conservatives have clearly not worked for them - so, they've lurched left to Labour

the poms aren't all that far right - but, it's growing

the other point for the poms is that Labour isn't all that left - Kier Starmer is certainly making noises that lefties make - education, schools, school breakfasts, housing, health etc

but, by god - he's got to be about one of the most steady looking hands on a wheel one could have - so very very British (whether it does much for Britain is to be seen)

in the end - I agree with you - as the French - just want a change of government - so do most others it seems

right left or middle - if you are in ------- you are in grave danger of being dumped out

the hungry dog bites - anything that comes near it

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.