ZIP 2.34% $1.46 zip co limited..

I think it will be a long time before Amazon incorporates zip...

1. 1,160 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    I think it will be a long time before Amazon incorporates zip into it's other international platforms, at least 12 months, maybe longer, and it will have to prove itself a resounding success in Australia first.

Amazon Australia has implemented a few different metrics to its international platforms, mostly from a seller's perspective and appears that Australia may be being used as a testing ground to practice new concepts without affecting their current operations.

In saying that, I think it unlikely that afterpay wasn't included in the initial mix of potential partners for this and so either - the deal is so crappy that afterpay didn't want a bar of it lol, or - zip was the standout selection.

Given Amazon's global clout, I tend to think they could click their fingers and have any credit company jump to their service and find it unlikely that any bnpl company would knock back an opportunity to trap a foot in the door whatever the cost.

My take away from this is that zip has been chosen above the others to partner with the world's largest online selling platform because it represents a better service for the customer (Amazon is 100% devoted to its end user experience, 95% of its success is attributed to this core policy). But this will be an ongoing trial and error process for a considerable time before they let an outsider loose into their international outfit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.46
Change
-0.035(2.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.644B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.54 $1.45 $19.96M 13.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 104211 $1.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.47 50000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.