PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

The ASIC & AFP have not concluded their investigations. Old mate...

1. 696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 451
    The ASIC & AFP have not concluded their investigations. Old mate David confimed this today. When investigations conclude they will have to make an announcement one way or another. If no charges are laid - this will be a win for them. If charges are laid - the market has to know about it, the press will be all over it anyway.

One of their many contradictions that made me laugh the hardest was the one relating to Robert Schuitema.
    At the AGM last May, old mate David stated categorically that "we have served a letter of demand on Schuitema" (in relation to legal claims for wrong doings). It's evidenced in a publicly available document.
    Then in September, when ASX required them to publish full disclosure, old mate David stated that in his May AGM speech he had only said "the company's intention was to serve a letter of demand" on old mate Robert.
    He followed this up with a long explanation on how initiating claims and accusations against others can sometimes lead to counter claims and accusations being made by the accused against the accuser. LOL

In other words, they've all got the dirt on each other.

Interesting also that there's no update on pursuing that "court ordered" $7mil payment. Risky I'd say.

They stated early on when the AFP investigation was made public, that they have done deals with the AFP agreeing to co-operate fully to minimise sentencing upon prosecutions being commenced. However, it would appear that this "full co operation" seems to involves dragging their feet.
    It's starting to look like the team have closed ranks and are making it as hard as possible for the authorities to get all the evidence and documentation they need.

Let's hope they get whatever they need to press charges. We'll see how many deals have been made. That's the whole reason shareholders are funding the best corporate crime lawyers.
    But once one of them falls, they'll all be trying to do their own deals with the authorities. They'll turn on each other.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.