CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

uk micro-chp policy roadmap (from cfu email), page-12

1. 2,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    @ Bernard1138 " I assume this means that CFU will simply start larger scale production and build inventory instead of waiting for someone to place a big order."

I am wrestling with this point myself. CFU management have been pretty conservative with regards to spending money on units when they don't have a buyer. To make units to sit on the shelf costs money, storage etc when I feel you are better simply buying raw materials in bulk at the cheapest prices you can then stockpile...and wait for the orders to come before manufacturing anything

The orders may be BlueGens, they may be integrated units. Which do they stockpile? Sure there are common components, but CFU would be able to manufacture the Gennex fuel cell quick enough to keep up with any forseeable order....so would rather not see them spend the company's cash on making something that doesn't have a home just yet.

My biggest concern is that it sounds like the next 12 months is on trying to drive down the costs of the unit. These announcements are coming just when we expect news about results from units in field tests and possible orders. So perhaps the news from the field tests is "sure they are great...but the economics don't add up"

That is a concern as I would hope that the impending costs for grids, and redundancy on power generation and supply would mean that the key players would back some of the growing pains out of their own pockets. Does not seem so

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.