DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

uk shale 2013 conference , page-7

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9

if you've got the patience here's two long (1hr+) videos on the fracking controversy.

the first is Dr Ingraffea who details precisely what fracking is (many of you will only have a half-cocked idea of it), the extent of fracking operations, the risks and rewards. It's a reasonably factual unbiased rundown of the issue and if you watch to the end you'll be far better informed and able to judge the issue than if you only have a notion of it. IT'S BIG.

click here for Ingraffea video

then there's the original GASLAND video, this one with Spanish subtitles but narrated in English. You'll get the flavour if you only watch part of it. Nevertheless it does bring you face to face with people directly impacted by the voracious corrupt gas industry in the US. Does anyone suppose euro gas companies are any different?

click here for GASLAND video

as for Britain it will be a disaster. You'll need to watch the Ingraffea video to understand why I say that. Remember that Britain has only a small land area which needs to be well maintained. Allowing gas companies to exploit that land for short term gains from non-renewable resources is a disaster in the making. Gas companies simply bugger off to spend their ill-gotten profits once the gas runs out leaving the population with an environmental mess - they could care less....

I'd urge anyone wanting to know the scale of fracking operations to watch the Ingraffea video. At least then you'll know what the extent of fracking really is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.