UkraineGate does a U Turn, page-71

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "The 'transcript, you mean the document that has a disclosure on it saying it is not a verbatim transcript? Which Vindman has testified is missing key words & phrases."

Or do you mean the transcript that the Dems "star witness" who was listening to the call first hand said that "there was nothing illegal in the transcript and that it was accurate".

A bit of a shame hey? Pays to do your research and to not get roped in to Adam Schiff's spin. Most of the media forgot to report this fact to you by the "star witness" who was listening to the call

"“I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed,” Morrison said in the remarks."
    "“To the best of my recollection, the MemCon accurately and completely reflects the substance of the call,” Morrison says, according to his prepared remarks.

House witness says nothing illegal, transcript was accurate, Taylor was wrong

Reporter Aaron Blake, writing for The Washington Post, said that White House official Tim Morrison was expected to confirm Bill Taylor’s account that Trump appeared to seek quid pro quo. He linked to an article at WaPo that suggested it had.

He was probably wrong. It did not seem to pan out as expected.

Mr. Morrison is the outgoing senior director for European and Russian affairs on the National Security Council (NSC).

NOTHING ILLEGAL

Tim Morrison, the outgoing top White House Russia expert, testified behind closed doors, that he doesn’t believe the President did anything illegal in his July call to President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, the Hill reported.

“I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed,” Morrison said in the remarks.

Several witnesses have testified that they think the President’s action — in holding up aid and then asking the Ukraine President to investigate the 2016 election and the Bidens — was improper.

It does seem improper to many, but Presidents do improper things all the time. Does this rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors?

THE TRANSCRIPT WAS ACCURATE AND COMPLETE

Army official Alex Vindman, who testified this week, said he was concerned about the transcript and wanted two changes to the transcript. Mr. Morrison was not concerned.

“To the best of my recollection, the MemCon accurately and completely reflects the substance of the call,” Morrison says, according to his prepared remarks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.