Ultra violet rays { THE SUN }

1. 1,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I have been wondering why my chilli bushes & the garden have been sunburned. Its been hot so i thought that would be why. I water in the early morning, as usual & give them a bit to drink at bed time. That has not worked lately. The leaves are scorched, the fruits of my labours are scorched. Looked into a few things & ended up down the rabbit hole.

The Ultraviolet rays hitting the surface of the earth are nuts! ( scorcthed them too}

Checked out the UV index & it said it is within their predictions. Thats a government site. I checked another government site & they were a lot different.( pics below) So I looked into the whole theory of the UV index, that they show to us people. Cant find any correlation to actual amount of radiation in the UV a,b or C bands to the suns out put wattage, received on the earths surface.

I wont bore you all to tears, but, UV- C is not allowed to reach the earths surface.  OZONE layer ( internet told me that)
    There is a couple of vids on this happening, but no live readings any where I have found on the earth. UV-C is the danger. It dosn't kill cells, but shatters the DNA in them so they can not reproduce. ( hospital disinfection)
    The world health organization states that uv index at 6 will burn fair skin within 30 minutes. It halves each time when UV is doubled. EG: Uv index at 12 = 15 minutes. UV index at 18 = 7 & a half minutes. Poor plants having to put with that.
    The recent reporting of sun burn, while using sunscreen lotion, is disturbing. I will keep researching on the subject, to find out why this is happening.

To all us fossils out there. Remember when the sun was yellow & not this blinding white light?
    Screenshot 2017-01-21 19:51:56.png Screenshot 2017-01-21 19:49:55.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.