VUL 9.52% $4.83 vulcan energy resources limited

Umicore signs long-term sustainable lithium contracts with Ganfeng and Vulcan, page-12

1. 541 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1418
    Another great insight from you GT3loui and agree with you too Mozza01. I had exactly the same thought re Stellantis - no point going to all the trouble of negotiating a non-binding MOU unless you turn it into an enforceable supply contract.

It's worse than a waste of time and thrown away opportunity cost; it's actually embarrassing for the brand. I wouldn't want to be telling the Board about that in a market that, for the foreseeable future, is going to stay as tight as a nun's... We only have to look at Apple's announcement today of a reduction in supply of 10 million units of iPhone 13 because of chip shortages. And that's with the formidable negotiating power of Apple.

Sure, lithium is not semi-conductor chips but you can see the analogy in a world that is struggling for supply in so many crucial areas as we emerge from the initial Covid panic and its widespread implications for supply of so many items. It is disastrous to hold up a big revenue item (like a car) for the sake of a component as relatively small as a battery. I'd be telling the team to "get the job done"!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.