UN Mission In the DRC (MONUSCO), page-21

1. 1,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Eshmun I am interested in hearing contrary points of view on matters that can effect my investments (I don't come to HC for ethical enlightenment or humanitarian mind-broadening - I suspect there would be better places for that) but there is only so much time so if something goes into the AVZ forum it is nice to have some sort of explanation as to why (especially a non-holder) considers it relevant to AVZ.

Some investors have already done some research.

Looking at your map it seems refugees are fleeing the Kasai region (50,000) and the Kivus (north and south) into the neighbouring countries of Uganda, Rwanda and Barundi.

The AVZ resource at Manono is in the Tanganyika province. So for AVZ news from Tanganyika is more relevant.

It is (perhaps more) generally understood (than you are creditting AVZ holders) that President Kabila's overstaying his term (currently there is a new agreement to have elections next December - in which he won't run and won't nominate a successor) is having some effect on domestic dis-satisfaction levels. And I understand UN permanent security council members USA, UK and France (but not China or Russia) have the DRC under observation.

China and Russia tend not to align with the USA and the UK and France. In my opinion that doesn't mean they are always on the wrong side - sometimes their national interests predominate and sometimes the USA, the UK and France (selfish rather than altruistic aimed at the general betterment) interests are the drivers of those countries international policies too. Eg the Iraq wars recently.

I read your first link - didn't see much specifically related to Tanganyika. I quickly looked at your second - 60 plus pages - Tanganyika was mentioned. But to drill deeper (as a matter of urgency - to examine impacts on AVZ in particular) I need a reason to prioritise that. Currently it isn't urgent. You haven't offered any compelling reason to make reading a 60 plus page report more urgent than it currently is. Take a shot - I'll re-examine.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.