PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

FolksI just read an interesting article regarding the Houthi's...

1. 202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Folks

I just read an interesting article regarding the Houthi's position on UNSC Resolution 2216 ... Houthis now claim that resolution 2216 "is outdated given the political and field changes on ground."

In Resolution 2216,

UN Security Council Resolution 2216 officially recognizes Abdo Rabbo Mansour Hadi as Yemen's President and Hadi’s Government as the legitimate Government of Yemen.

UNSC Resolution 2216 also calls for the Houthis to :

a) end the use of violence;
    b) withdraw their forces from all areas they have seized, including the capital Sana’a (seized by force in late 2014);
    c) relinquish all additional arms seized from military and security institutions, including missile systems;
    d) cease all actions that are exclusively within the authority of the legitimate Government of Yemen;
    e) refrain from any provocation or threats to neighbouring States, including through acquiring surface-surface missiles, and stockpiling weapons in any bordering territory of a neighbouring State;
    f) end the recruitment and use of children and release all children from their ranks;

Whilst the above outlines most of the expectations of the UN Security Council Resolution 2216, it is clear that the Houthis do not recognize Hadi and/or his government nor do they acknowledge, apply or follow any of the other 2216 conditions tabled above.

I guess there'll be lots to talk about in Geneva on September 6th 2018 since the Hadi Government and its supporters went to war with the Houthis because UNSC Resolution 2216 was not being complied with. ....

PeterRG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.