I've been believing in santa all along so can't wait till we...

1. 76 Posts.
    I've been believing in santa all along so can't wait till we prove the flying sleigh theory but in the meantime as a civil engineer and having actually read the official report posted by whichever senior US body it was that did it they make it sound plausible. HOWEVER, a few points:
    -photos taken after the event will always be disproved as any number of thigs could have happened to them and whilst yes a bit of melted thermite on a cut bit of steel could be from thermite explosion it could be a perfectly normal melted metal from something else (rescue weld etc.)
    -I don't know a whole lot about demolition but noone can argue that that is exactly how the buildings fell, and these buildings like most modern structures are over engineered, i.e withstand much more than design loads.
    -obviously an airplane rarely comes into design loads but everything we do is over engineered and the cores should not have failed like that.
    -Many many unanswered questions which will remain that way
    -Personally it seems very very unlikely that this happened purely from the airplanes. The fires were said to be under control, they had been burning for too short amount of time for structural steel failure, then there was a number of further explosions, this is undeniable see youtube.
    -these could have been caused by devices, or by the pancake theory. Again personally it is hard to think that this could happen, however there are no real precedents in terms of extent of planes crashing into buildings. I think it is impossible that the buildings TOTALLY failed, the structural colums on the ground floors would have been pretty much indestructible. literally. Attached are actually findings from NIST:
    Factors that Enhanced Building Structural Performance on Sept. 11, 2001

The unusually dense spacing of perimeter columns, coupled with deep spandrels, that was an inherent part of both the architectural and structural design of the exterior walls, resulted in a robust building that was able to redistribute loads from severed perimeter columns to adjacent intact columns.
    The wind loads used for the World Trade Center (WTC) towers, which governed the design of the perimeter frame-tube system, significantly exceeded the prescriptive requirements of the New York City building code and selected other building codes of the era (Chicago, New York State), including the relevant national model building code (BOCA).
    The robustness of the perimeter frame-tube system and the large dimensional size of the WTC towers helped the buildings withstand the aircraft impact.
    The composite floor system with open-web bar joist elements, framed to provide two-way flat plate action, enabled the floors to redistribute loads without collapse from places of aircraft impact damage to other locations, avoiding larger scale collapse upon impact.
    The hat truss resisted the significant weakening of the core, due to aircraft impact damage and subsequent thermal effects, by redistributing loads from the damaged core columns to adjacent intact columns and, ultimately, by redistributing loads to the perimeter walls from the thermally weakened core columns that lost their ability to support the buildings’ weight.
    As a result of the above factors, the buildings would likely not have collapsed under the combined effects of aircraft impact and the subsequent jet-fuel ignited multi-floor fires, if the fireproofing had not been dislodged or had been only minimally dislodged by aircraft impact. The existing condition of the fireproofing prior to aircraft impact and the fireproofing thickness on the WTC floor system did not play a significant role in initiating collapse on Sept. 11, 2001.

Pretty much saying it was designed so effing well it should've been there for another 60-80 years without alterations. So they totally put it onto fireproofing causing failure on a number of floors and then the weight of the above floors 'impacting' causing the fluid destruction. It was too fluid, too consistent, without failure at exactly same points simulatneously buildings do not fall that way (straight down) which is why demolition is taken so seriously.

You can go on for a long time really but it's hard to say if we'll ever know. I'm not particularly either way, but there are way too many unanswered questions and strange things in handling of case afterwards that i find it hard to believe what we've been told...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.