CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

Baron - I do not consider myself a downramper at all. Just a...

1. 110 Posts.
    Baron - I do not consider myself a downramper at all. Just a realist. I feel very sorry for all those who have listened to constant baseless upramping on HC and have purchased shares resultantly. That is why I make my (few) comments these days - to put up a different view to the common ramping and call it as I see it. As an active investor, I use other stock forums for commenting on other stock, but come back here every so often to see what is being said on the CNP forum.

Look at the history of the CNP forum. There has been consistent talk as follows:

1. Market Manipulation - it has been repeatedly stated that CNP is being manipulated (capped) to allow 'accumulation'. However, there has not been any significant shareholder notices. There is no signifcant amount of shorters. Although there are definetely bots at play with this stock, there is no evidence of significant manipulation.

2. Breakout - again, it has been restated adnorseum that this stock will breakout and double overnight upon certain news being released. This is a completely falicious position - the only thing that will make this stock move (as I have repeatedly stated) is news of a takeover or significant sales that are at good value relative to book.

3. Media Scrutiny and downramping - the media has in general been fair in its reporting of CNP. I can assure all that the reports have not been a conspiracy for Murdoch, Packer, Fairfax et al to buy in cheap. The reports have been (quite fairly) scathing of a company that is doing very poorly. Yes - the SMH got it very wrong this morning, but the hype regarding the media reporting is not some big game to screw over CNP holders.

4. GR will be saviour - For some reason, plenty on the forum have developed an emotional attachement to GR and think he will save CNP and make holders a fortune. The truth is that he is doing quite well in gaining extensions thus far, but he is out of his depth. His handling of meeting deadlines and media and investor relations has been very poor and he is yet to have sold a single CNP property (now 6 months after the initial balance sheet issue was identifed). He needs a real rocket put up him, otherwise holders should be calling for his axing.

5. White Knight investor - given the market conditions, property acquistion (and the debt that comes with it) it is very unlikey that any white knight will arive or generous takeover offer will be made. The process will need to be bit by bit most likely - not a process that will send the SP sky high overnight.

All of these concepts/ideas on CNP are in my opinion wrong to be pushed as the mainstream thought on the stock. I will continue to call it as I see it and object to baseless upramping to provide some moderation to a somewhat onesided forum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.