GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I will probably regret this post but would appreciate gaining a...

1. 1,412 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1246
    I will probably regret this post but would appreciate gaining a better understanding. I just skimmed/read the PLS announcement regarding their offtakes/funding agreement and my first thoughts are thank god we are not in a position to have to take this type of deal. So from what I can seee they get $20 mil from ganfend to secure 10 years of offtakes. I imagine that the $20 mil is not a gift, and will come from equity or as a debt. It states that the $20 mil will fund the stage 1. As we know it will take a lot more than $20 mil to get it started closer to $200 mil. I know offtakes are really important to help turn explorers into producers, but I can't see how this will get them over the line or help them achieve the best market prices. There seems to be a few details missing. I appreciate that this is a Gxy thread but I wanted unbiased opinions and we all know that we are not an island that other things that are happening in the lithium space affect us.

The deal could affect us positively since the big Chinese converters have basically tied up another resource, from my understanding we are one of the only companies supplying the independents. So if another potential supplier is taken out of the supply chain the independents may have to pay more for our spod. Alternatively this could bring on more supply quicker and affect the whole supply and demand situation. Even though I may have bagged our management with my "feeling" maybe they are more than worth their share package for not putting us in a position to held captive by the big players. We are still own our resources 100% and are not held captive by anyone.

Apologies in advance if I start a shit fight but am truly interested. Hoping I may even get AC out of semi retirement for an opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.