Under cover unmarked motor bikes patroling Perth Now, page-48

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    They harp on in all states about road safety, but ignore where it all starts!

The"one K over is a Killer" here in Qld is a croc, who the hell can drive within one km of the posted speed "limit" anyway...and who does!

The thing is the authorities have to dumb everything down to the lowest denominator, the very low speed limits around road works are justified because of the clowns that would drive through at high speed.

Stupidity knows no bounds...The other morning though I was driving along a motorway at around 2.30am at 100kmh...the posted "limit". I saw a tow truck ahead on the left shoulder with it's flashing lights going so I moved over to the right lane and lifted the foot a little, probably dropped to 90kmh to clear it...it is not uncommon to see breakdowns and cars being picked up in the early hours.
    Well as I approached the wally that was obviously the truck driver stepped onto the road in front of me and started to wave his hands aggressively signalling me to slow down?? I did because if I didn't I would have ploughed into him, then he was abusing me as I drove past at about 60kmh...no sign on approach of anything going on, on passing I saw there was an ambulance pulling away on the other side, no coppers nothing else to see so I have no idea what the go was. If I had more time I would have pulled up and given the fool a piece of my mind too! If it had been a drunk instead of me the Ambulance would have to have done a U turn!

I have to admit I am an aggressive driver and get the irrits very quickly with idiots on the road. I do not resort to violence but man do I get tempted!
    I haven't been involved in any road accident for over 40 years, I have raced cars on black tracks, flown various aircraft, instructed drivers of heavy vehicles, and still drive heavy vehicles occasionally and consider myself ok as a car driver.
    I just shake my head at the standard of driving these days...when I see a car bearing down on me in my mirrors there is a 90% chance there will be "P" plates in the windows...the kids just don't get it and then they grow into adults that don't get it....if they make it that far. Then we see 17 year old kids being taught to drive by 19 year olds that can't drive! Give me strength!

As far as texting while driving goes, take the phone off the idiot on the spot and tell him / her to collect it from the local cop shop next day. Then when they go to collect it they can be fined on the spot and given a warning that should they ever be caught again the phone goes in the bin...

Unmarked cars are everywhere, nothing new. Why not unmarked bikes? If you are breaking the law you deserve to be caught and fined...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.