AJX 0.00% 0.8¢ alexium international group limited

arrh, if one had a crystal ball it would be all too easy. No -...

1. 85,840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    arrh, if one had a crystal ball it would be all too easy.

No - one doesn't need the next AJX in two years or so. Anytime from now on would be fine if one was in around 10 ish.

Disregarding tax - and, yes, for investment decisions - I do actually disregard it -

The ideal in my book would be to enter ajx at say 15 cents (I pick 15 because there was stock available then - whereas at 10 it was thin).

Then, when it is $1.50 if one has another target - that would be fine - take off 10% of AJX (still leaves a very big chunk in) and put that 10% into the new target.

It is very very very important when one does have a new target - to enter as soon as possible - no, incorrect --------- as low as possible.

It is a huge difference if you put an amount (doesn't matter if it's $2k or $500k) into a stock at 15 cents compared to 50 cents.

Of course when your AJX stock is trading at $4 or $8 - then you remove some off the table - some for surety and a percentage for another target.

If the above magic happened - by the time you were on your third target and well down the road - you would be talking tens of millions.

Easy huh?

Just a quick note on tax --- yes I wasn't talking bull - when I was paying tax on this stuff - in the end I decided to ignore the tax implications - why? Because the very last thing you want is 'another' factor playing on your mind coming into the cake mix of when to sell a stock.

It is hard enough as it is without that additional complication. Sure - it makes a difference - and a big one - but, guaranteed, it will stuff up your thinking.

Now - there are some big differences there - first up - if you are in a low tax bracket and only trading small amounts - say a couple of thou at a time - then, it won't make much difference anyway. Then as you enter the highest tax bracket - well, yes, it makes a hell of a difference - BUT, if you say have a position size - starting at say $100,000 - and you entered your target at maybe 10c, maybe 15 cents - you are holding somewhere between 666k shares and 1 million shares.

Now - it is one thing to trade in and out of AJX with a position of 20k shares or 50k shares -- AND, if one is GOOD - and LUCK is with you - you can trade up the position.

Many do,

But, holding a million or millions ---------------- try that one on and see how it goes

Even try moving 200k - in and out - near bottoms and tops - and see how bloody good you are?

Honestly - you really would need a crystal ball to pull it off consistently - and, bear in mind - ONE slip and you lose your advantage. ONE slip at the wrong time and you could be locked out below a breakaway gap. Add in the tax problems and fees to that lot - and you have a whole different animal to dealing with a couple of thousand bucks worth of stock.

No - if one had the mechanism enabling one to pick - big runners - even not gigantic runners - just big multibaggers - then one has to learn to buy and hold with a solid strategy.

And as to stops ------------ well, just go back and look at big running stocks and see what would have happened ----------- and remember --------- it is different - are you dealing with 50,000 shares or 1 million shares?

See what happens if your stop fires in AJX and you have a million shares - bloody hilarious..

anyway - my guesswork on riding the top line on the bollie has run out - yesterday was the last session - so, bets off on the bollie ride. ( my pick was a high probability that it would sit on the top line for 7 trading sessions once it hit that line - it may go further - who knows)

However, the stock has not reached mid 70's where I thought this leg would take us - so, today?? - either the bollie has more legs - or the other indicators lied -

we shall see,

again-067b-control.gif

have a great day all, Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1494467 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 103720 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.